3 medium chayote’s, sliced
1 tea cumin
1 tb vegetable oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 jalapeno, minced
3 large poblano chilies, cut in thin strips
28 oz canned diced tomatoes, drained
8 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- preheat oven to 375º. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish
- place chayotes and spiced in saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to boil, stir occasionally. Reduce to medium low and simmer 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat, add poblano chilies an onions, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in jalapenos and tomatoes.
- in baking pan layer half chayotes and half poblano/tomato mixture, then half the cheese; repeat.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until heated through
Servings: 6 Net Carbs: 8.2